Monday, October 17, 2011

Red Bull BC One 2011!!


39 more days!!

Man, I can't tell you guys how excited I am to find out who will be the new world champion in breakdancing this year!!

For those of you that don't know, The Red Bull BC One Competition is held every year in a different country each time. The top 16 Breakdancers in the world come together to battle it out for the top spot!

How cool is that?? :D

These dancers come from all around the world! You name it! Ukraine, South Korea, Russia, U.S.A., Brazil, Venezuala, France, etc. Dancers that have trained for years, and now they are competing to become the top guy in Breakdancing.

Here are the World Champions so far:

2004 in Biel, Switzerland: Omar - U.S.A. (Not one of my favorites, but this is historic since it was the first competition.)

2005 in Berlin, Germany: Lilou - France (Lilou is one of my favorites!! He has such a great feel for the music, a unique dance style, and he is really cool to watch!)

2006 in Sao Paulo, Brazil: Hong 10 - South Korea (Another one of my all time favorites! Koreans are such good dancers! I would even say they are probably to best in the world, but Hong 10 was one of my first favorites that I ever watched, and we has a great unique style too!)

2007 in Johannesburg, South Africa: Ronnie - U.S.A (Ronnie is very talented and a pretty great dancer! I am not a huge fan of some of his style, but he is a good dancer overall!)

2008 in Paris, France: Wing - South Korea (He has one of the most unique styles I have ever seen, I don't think anyone else in the world has the same style as him! Great dancer!)

2009 in New York, U.S.A.: Lilou - France (The only Bboy to ever win twice in the World Champoinship!! I told you he was awesome! I have great respect for his dance style!)

2010 in Tokyo, Japan: Nequin - Brazil



He may look a little intense, but he really is a nice guy! :)

Not only do I love him because he is Brazilian, but he has such an awesome style of dance, and he doesn't smoke! His brother died from drugs, so he lets people know that he won't do that stuff, and that it would compromise his dancing!

So he is really awesome, and he will be returning to Red Bull to defend his title this year, so I am excited to see him in action! :)

Anyway, I will give you the line-up for this year, and then I will stop rambling. :)

Here goes:

1. El NiƱo - U.S.A.
2. Flying Buddha - Russia
3. Hong 10 - South Korea
4. Lagaet - Portugal
5. Lil G - Venezuala
6. Morris - U.S.A
7. Mounir - France
8. Neguin - Brazil
9. Niek - Netherlands
10. Roxrite - U.S.A.
11. Salo - Venezuala
12. SoSo - France
13. Taisuke - Japan
14. Vero - South Korea
15. Yan The Shrimp - Russia
16. 3T - Vietnam

So there you have it guys! These are some of the top Breakers in the world, and I am really excited to see who our new champion is! :)

Hope you didn't get bored with that post! :P I will do another one soon talking about some of my favorite top Breakdancers, but for now, I have to run!

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment