Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jacob gives amazing discourses!!! :)

I love this book. Beyond what words can describe. 

But here are the gems that I found recently!!

Please go read 2 Nephi Chapter 9.

It is fantastic!!! In it, Nephi is recording one of Jacob's discourses on the Atonement, and It is absolutely beautiful!

Can I make a suggestion? Read this chapter out loud. It makes it very clear and easy to understand when you do that, and you feel the Spirit so strongly! At least that is how it is for me! :)

Here is one of my favorite verses in this chapter:

"O, my beloved brethren, turn away from your sins; shake off the chains of him that would bind you fast; come unto that God who is the rock of your salvation." 2 Nephi 9:45

When I read this out loud, the Spirit flooded me so strongly! I really want all of you to feel this way when you read the Book of Mormon, because it is seriously the best feeling in the World!!!!!

I love you guys, and I love the Book of Mormon, and I love Jesus Christ for what he has done for all of us! Let's makes sure we don't let his sacrifice do to waste! :)

Have an awesome day!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree :) It is such a fantastic chapter! In fact, whenever I reach 2 Nephi I'm usually like "oh dang, here comes Isaiah in all and all of his goodness." but I console myself by thinking that at least I've got chapters 2, 9, and a bunch at the end that are all really good...and a little easier to understand. And, I'm not hating on Isaiah if that's what it sounded like :P haha. anyways, I've never read chapter 9 out loud, but that sounds like a really good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I agree, Isaiah is usually pretty hard to understand! :) But for me Isaiah is a lot easier to understand when I read out loud for some reason, so I hope you try it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete