Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Adventure #1 ft. Matt, Andrew, Aaron, and Jake

Hey guys! So this is a special post about some brudda's that were just chillin at my house.

Me(obviously)

My twin Andrew(He usually is there)

Aaron Wheatley(he biked 20 miles on our recumbent bike)

and of course Jake Knell(what a classy man!)

So yeah, that is the group that endeavoured on this journey.

It has something to do with this:


Yup! Pandora radio! We have it on our T.V. so we can access it from there whenever we want to.

(Don't worry, if you get bored reading this post, I make it more meaningful at the end by tying it into the gospel, so you can make it!)

So here is how this all went down....

The four of us were just chillin in my basement, talking about life and whatever else came up, and we were listening to Pandora while we did this.

I sort of spaced a little bit, because I was thinking about how Pandora finds out what kind of music you like depending on what you turn down or what you say you want to keep!

And I was wondering..........

Could I get a Disney Station that plays classic Disney music from the old movies, to become a station that plays..... Usher maybe?

Yup, I bet you are shocked right now, but that was what I wanted to accomplish. I was wondering if it was possible to instead of playing Dumbo, play usher instead.

So this was my sick experiment that I proposed to Andrew, Aaron, and Jake.....

Naturally they loved the idea of it! :)

So off we went, about to attempt this evil transition of music.

We wanted this station:


To play this music:


Pretty interesting challenge huh? That is what we thought also. :)

Our first attempt at this was a complete disaster. We had the mindset that if we "disliked" everything on the Pandora station that wasn't rap, then we would end up with Usher, but that was completely wrong!

And we soon realized it too, because the further we went, the more "The Wiggles" kept showing up, and if that wasn't bad enough, Pandora eventually blocked us out of the station for about a half hour or something like that.

So we watched Mr. Bean for a little bit, while reformulating our procedure as to how we were going to accomplish this thing.

Finally Pandora let us onto the station again, and we proceeded with more caution this time.


Our first big break was when "Curious George: The Movie" came up(or something called like that), and I was about to press "dislike", when Aaron stopped me, and told me that we might be able to get to something more modern like Jack Johnson if we "liked" Curious George, since he did the music for that movie or something.

So we went ahead and "liked" Curious George, and continued our journey.

It was a lot of hard work, but finally we started making progress into more modern stuff, and we all jumped for joy when we reached a very big landmark in the whole process:


Yup, so far we had gotten Disney songs to Lynyrd Skynyrd! This was pretty amazing that we had been able to reach this point, and from here on out it was a lot easier.

On the way, we saw artists like Bob Marley, Linkin Park, Ke$ha, B.o.B, and Taio Cruz.

But finally, we made it to Usher!

Yup, it was pretty crazy that we could do that, all you need is careful decision as to what route you take to be able to get there!

For good measure, we decided to take it to Lil Wayne, which was our second goal after Usher. :P

So yeah, that is the story of how we were able to take a Disney Station and have it play Usher music. I guess in the end it wasn't that hard to make the switch, you just had to know which songs to reject or accept.

Now, just so this whole blog post isn't worthless, I am going to tie it into the gospel. :) Cuz that is what I do.

I guess in a sense, everyone in their lives start off with a "Disney Station", and depending on what we choose in our lifetimes, those decisions will affect what the future may bring.

Now, I am not saying don't "like" Curious George if the opportunity comes, because that won't get you into very much trouble.... I hope.. but just make sure that you choose your path carefully.

There is a fantastic scripture in 2 Nephi 2:27 and it states:

"Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself."

Pretty much that scripture lays down your choices: go with God and eternal life, or succumb to the devil and captivity.

Pretty sure I want to go with answer number one, which is God's plan.

It really isn't worth it taking that first step down the wrong path, because before you know it, you will be away from the Disney station, and in the hands of Lynyrd Skynyrd.(Disclaimer: I really am not trying to offend anyone if they like Lynyrd Skynyrd, it is just a really good object lesson :)

So yeah, you guys are great! I love all of you, and I hope you have a great day!

Remember, live life like this:


Cuz smiles like that are highly contagious! :)

Love you guys!
Love Matt or Cakes, you decide ;)

5 comments:

  1. You guys are spending your time on QUALITY stuff. Good gospel tie-in, though. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this made me laugh sooooo hard! I love Usher. And the ability to tie in Usher to the church is like, super skills. So kudos :)

    ReplyDelete