Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cries of Freedom!

Patriotism!! Woo!! Oh yeah, you know it!

If you get to know me well, you will soon discover the deep patriot in me. Well... if you come see the play me and my bro are in, you will discover the deep patriot in me! :)

So every year for the past four years, this play has been put on in honor of the Fourth of July, and all of the wonderful men and women who have given their lives to the great cause of freedom!

I believe this is my third year in the show, so I have been in it for the majority that it has been showed to the public. It really is a great show, and it is a wonderful way to pay our respects to those who gave their lives so we could have the privileges of voting, owning land, and being able to feel safe in our homes.

We also are able to bring a few of our brave men who are serving in the navy, marines, army, etc, to the show where we show our appreciation for them, it is very moving for many people to see this.

Below are some pictures of one of our shows a few years back I think, so that you can have a taste of what you can expect!! :)

This picture is of our wonderful cast a few years back
Here is one of my favorite songs called "This is the Moment". We are signers of the Declaration of Independence in this one!
This is one where I am able to play as the King of England, which is actually really fun to do.
Another one on "This is the Moment"
Here is one where we are singing "Into the Fire" which is also one of my favorites, because you can feel all this awesome emotion in it, plus we get swords. :)

Well, hope those pictures get you excited for the play this year! Being at rehearsals has been a lot of fun, and it promises to be a very well done piece of work this year thanks to our fantastic directors, Bonnie Busco and Scott Swain. It would not be possible without their wonderful contribution. Thanks Bonnie and Scott!

Well that is all for tonight, hope you guys can make it! Here is a list of times that we are performing at! If I forgot to mention, it is at the Scera Park right next to the Scera theater.

Here are the times:

Friday, July 1 -- 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 2 -- 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m.
Monday, July 4 -- 12:00 p.m, 2:00pm, and 4:00 p.m.

Those are the correct times to the best of my knowledge, but if they are wrong, I will write a new post with the new times! Anyway, hope you guys have a great day! :)
Love, Matt or Cakes, you decide! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Matt :) I just found your blog, so i hope you don't think I'm creepy. . .good luck on your performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michalea! :)
    Don't worry, I am happy that someone is reading it! :D And you should for sure come to one of our performances!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why? Why is everyone writing about all the amazing 4th of July/Colonial Days/Cries of Freedom goodness that's going to happen when I'm out of town?!? Sniffle. Anyway, I'm sure you'll be amazing. Have a wonderfull time. Break a leg and all that.

    ReplyDelete